Why Choose AmTrust for Nonprofit Insurance
With access to our large portfolio of competitively priced nonprofit specialty insurance products and services, AmTrust agents are uniquely able to address the special challenges that nonprofits and government employers face. AmTrust Nonprofit Insurance provides all lines of insurance coverage specifically tailored to the needs of nonprofit organizations.
AmTrust acquired First Nonprofit Insurance Company in 2013, quickly making us a dominant player in the nonprofit insurance field. Currently, more than 3,300 nonprofit and governmental organizations, employing hundreds of thousands of people, rely on AmTrust for their insurance needs.
AmTrust’s Preferred Nonprofit Organizations
The nonprofit sector is a large and diverse one, and we understand that agents succeed when they have the flexibility to meet the specific needs and expectations that each individual organization has. Our coverages for nonprofit organizations were created with their specific exposures and needs in mind. In addition to our nonprofit specialty coverage, we offer a management liability product that encompasses director and officer liability, fiduciary, cyber liability, and employment practices liability.
We also recognize that nonprofits are continuously engaged in fundraising activities and our special events coverage secures those activities. Finally, AmTrust is able to offer our renowned workers’ compensation coverage to most types of nonprofit organizations. The robust product offerings, advanced tools and industry expertise of AmTrust empowers our appointed agents to offer policyholders the flexibility and freedom they need to select a coverage option that works for them.
Our preferred nonprofit organizations include:
We generally do not insure organizations working in the following fields:
- Social Service Organizations-drug rehab centers, mental health organizations, group homes, homeless shelters/women’s shelters
- Religious organizations, including churches, synagogues, temples, mosques, and religious orders
- Private, charter, and vocational/trade schools
- Senior centers and adult day service providers
- Preschools and day care operations
- Food banks, food pantries, Meals on Wheels
- Goodwill stores
- Humane societies
- Youth programs, YWCAs, Boys & Girls Clubs
- Community theaters and musical performance
- Cultural and ethnic awareness groups, humanities organizations, historical societies
- Many others
- Political advocacy and activism
Nonprofit Management Liability Policy
AmTrust’s Nonprofit Advantage Management Liability policy offers customized solutions to address the unique exposures these organizations face. This stand-alone product complements our Nonprofit Package and Workers’ Compensation products, providing you with a one-stop insurance solution.
Our Nonprofit Management Liability policy includes:
- Directors & Officers (D&O) Liability: Protects the past, present and future directors and officers against allegations of negligence or mismanagement.
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL): Insures nonprofits against suits alleging harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination and other employment-related matters.
- Fiduciary Liability: Provides coverage for actual or alleged breaches of fiduciary duties for any Employee Benefit Plan, including obligations and responsibilities imposed by ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA or similar federal, state or local laws and negligent acts, errors or omissions in the administration of employee benefits.
- Network Security and Privacy Liability (Cyber): Covers a nonprofit for suits arising from their internet and electronic activities.
Ensure your nonprofit is covered through both the good times and the bad by investing in a management liability policy. With access to our large portfolio of competitively priced nonprofit specialty insurance products and services, AmTrust agents are uniquely able to address the special challenges that nonprofits and government employers face.
Please download the sell sheet for more information about AmTrust's Management Liability Policy for Nonprofits.